Thanks to a friend in Austin, I have an Amiga 2000 system on the way! Getting it nicely equipped and upgraded will be fun; I was a huge Amiga fanatic from ’90-93 during high school when I had an Amiga 1000. I owned an A3000 in ’95, but never really got into using it as I discovered Sun workstations and Solaris around the same time. Unfortunately the friend that was storing the A3000 for me lost it during a move a couple years later.
Anyway, I’ve got an Amiga 2000 with a flickerfixer, A2091 SCSI card, floppy drive, ‘030 accelerator, and an unknown amount of memory on the way. I’ll need to add a hard drive (of which I have plenty), external CD-ROM (got tons of those too), and find a mouse.
If anybody reading this has Amiga bits they’d like to get rid of, let me know.
Things I need to eventually pick up for the A2000:
– Kickstart 3.1 ROMs (so I can run AmigaOS 3.9)
– An extra floppy drive or two, along with lots of DSDD 3.5″ floppies
– PS/2 adapters for the keyboard and mouse (so I can use it on my KVM)
– Ethernet card (anywhere from $50-200, looks like)
– RTG or Picasso96 high-resolution video card
– PowerPC accelerator card (yeah, right, unobtanium)
– Spare power supply