Some guidelines for a better life:
1. Be polite. Say “please”, “thank you”, and use “Ma’am” and “Sir”
2. Treat other people like you’d want to be treated.
3. Hang up your phone, and concentrate on driving your vehicle. If you MUST take a call, pull off to the side of the road or a parking lot first.
4. Open the door for other people if you get there before they do.
5. If you believe in something, feel free to share it, but don’t force it on others.
6. Everyone is entitled to think differently.
7. Don’t respond to spam, forward chain letters to your friends, or fall for stupid Nigerian scams.
8. If you have children, don’t expect everyone within hearing distance to ooh, ahh, and ignore their misbehavior just because you managed to insert Tab A into Slot B and win the Crotch Fruit Jackpot. Don’t take your children to public places if they can’t behave or you won’t/can’t discipline them properly.
9. Clerks, cashiers, waiters, and over “service industry” personnel are people too. If you have a problem, take it up with them in a sane, reasonable manner and don’t be an asshole – kindness does wonders. Tip well for good service.
10. If you have to call technical support for something computer-related, be in front of your computer when you call. Learn the proper terms for the equipment; you’ll be amazed at how much quicker problems can get solved.
11. Read at least one new book a month to expand your horizons.
12. MySpace is not cool, neither is eBaum’s World. If you want to share a funny video, post it to Google Video or YouTube, and make sure that someone else hasn’t beaten you to it.